Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weekly Blog #11


            As of right now (since I don’t know how I did on the fourth paper), I am planning on definitely revising Paper #3.  I initially thought that I did a really good job and that it was my strongest paper: I had a thesis that said something strange, three strong close reads, and I addressed a counter-argument. However, after receiving my grade for the paper and discussing it at office hours, I realized that there were definitely areas that could be improved.  I am going to rework a lot of my sentence structure to avoid using the passive voice.  I worked on this in my fourth paper and I think it had better results.  I am also going to work on my transitions so that my paper guides the reader through my analysis instead of just presenting my own logic and interpretation, leaving the reader with nothing to conclude for themselves.  While these things seem to be easily fixable, I will also tackle the structure within the paragraphs, themselves, and rework them so that they continue to refer back to my thesis and are not just set up in the “summary-analysis-summary-analysis…” formula.  Hopefully this will alleviate some thesis confusion and better yet, strengthen my thesis. 
            And again, depending on how I did on Paper #4, I am also thinking that I will revise Paper #2.  I now realize that I had too many sources that distracted from my synthesis.  So to fix this issue, I will obviously take out some sources and instead strengthen the conclusions that I am making about what the sources say.  Since my “so-what” was also not very apparent, I am going to intertwine the “so-what” more clearly in the body of the paper, so that it does not go unnoticed and does not seem to just be thrown in at the end of the paper.





No comments:

Post a Comment